Join the cause by helping to provide medications, hygiene kits, and other necessary items and services to Detroit's homeless community. All donations contribute directly to ongoing medical care.
All proceeds will go directly towards supplies and equipment for patient care. A few examples include:
- test strips for measuring hemoglobin A1C levels
- blood glucose strips
- lipid and cholesterol test cassettes
- electronic health records
- patient hygiene kits
- managing our electronic health record system
Other options to donate:
Make a donation using PayPal
Please note that we are unable to provide a tax credit receipt for any donation received via PayPal.
Make a cash donation and receive a tax credit receipt
1. Please make checks payable to:
"Wayne State University" *
2. Please write "Street Medicine Detroit" in the subject / memo section of the checks.
3. Mail your donation to:
WSU School of Medicine
c/o Street Medicine Detroit - Dominic Sandler
Student Organizations, Ste. 315
320 E. Canfield St.
Detroit, MI 48201
* On 11/18/2016, WSUSOM updated its policy on external donations to student organizations. FMRE (Fund for Medical Research and Education) is no longer utilized for accepting donations. Please address your donation check to Wayne State University, and rest assure that your generosity will go directly toward providing cares for our patients. All donations to Wayne State University are tax deductible.
Street Medicine Detroit operates under a non-profit federal tax ID number. For more information, please refer to the Wayne State University School of Medicine Student Organizations Policies & Procedures.